- Stream One (Students -Age below 16)
Students of age less than 16 from government, aided and private schools including technical schools in the state who have reached the penultimate level in a multi-level merit track during the last three years and shortlisted by the District innovation council can submit an innovative idea through the K-DISC idea exchange.
- Stream Two (Students -Age above 16)
Students of age more than 16 from Government, Aided and Private Higher Secondary Schools, Vocational Higher Secondary Schools, Technical Schools, Industrial Training Schools and Polytechnics who have reached the penultimate level in a multi-level merit track during the last five years and shortlisted by the District Innovation Council shall be included.
- Stream Three (Students of Special Schools)
Students or old students of age below 25 from any special school in the state having exceptional creativity in problem solving shall be included.
- Under each of these streams, there shall be two themes
- STEM innovation for Business.
- STEM Innovation for Societal Advancement.